Beti Tsai Bergman
Beti Bergman is an attorney and counselor at law dedicated to serving her clients with judgment, courtesy, and diligence. In 1997, she started her legal career as a business litigator and then joined the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office in 2003 where she was civil litigator handling nuisance abatement matters. When Beti became a mother, the importance of caring for a family and assuring the protection of family values and assets became of utmost importance in her life. Beti started her own private practice in probate, trusts, and estates. She began applying her legal skills to help families preserve their assets and values and make important legal decisions for themselves and those they love. Her now thriving law practice focuses exclusively on probate, trust and estate administration, conservatorships, estate planning, and litigation, such as, elder abuse, fraud, will and trust contests, and beneficiary rights. Beti is extremely passionate in these areas of law. Estates can go awry due to poor planning or rogue family members or neighbors who take advantage of an elderly loved one, either by influencing them to bequest assets to them or by misappropriating property once they gain control over an estate. Beti has the keen analytical skills to untangle a complicated estate and has the enthusiasm to vigorously pursue correction of these wrongs. Because she administers and litigates trusts and estates, she knows how to devise an estate plan that will avoid common pitfalls and vulnerabilities at the back end. Because she prepares estate plans, Beti understands the direction that an estate plan was supposed to take when families approach her with a misdirected will or trust. And, the most important trait that Beti has in this field is that she knows how to talk to families as real people and not just in “legalese.” Beti received her Juris Doctorate from UC Davis School of Law, where she was a member of law review. She also earned a Master of Science degree in applied mathematics from Long Beach State with distinction, and a Bachelor of Science degree in applied mathematics from UCLA.
Throughout her legal career, Beti has been active in the community. She is the President-Elect of the Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers' Alliance and has served on the board of the Multi-Cultural Bar Alliance and the UCLA Asian Pacific Alumni Board of Directors. She is a past president of the Southern California Chinese Lawyers' Association, where she served on the Board of Governors for eight years and headed up the virtual reality trial skills workshop for four years.
Beti actively serves on the Los Angeles Superior Court Probate Volunteer Panel of attorneys, is a probate co-chair of the South Bay Bar Association, is a member of the South Bay Inn of Court, serves on the Los Angeles County Bar Association LRS Advisory Committee, and serves on the Torrance Memorial Hospital Professional Advisory Council. Beti has also served on the Los Angeles Superior Court's Guardianship Volunteer Panel and has served as a volunteer mediator in Torrance Court.
Her speaking engagements include How to Amend Living Trusts for CEB, panels discussing women in the law, mothers balancing career and family, and preparing for advanced age healthcare and financial care.
▪ Settlement Officer for Los Angeles Superior Court, Probate Court, 2019
▪ Judge Pro Tem, 2019
▪ Bench-Bar Coalition Member-at-Large, Southern Region, 2018-2019
▪ LACBA Trust & Estates Executive Committee, 2017-present
Chair, Advisory Committee for Motion to Expand LPS & Probate Conservatorships, 2018-2019
▪ South Bay Bar Association, Probate Co-Chair, 2016-2018
▪ Los Angeles Superior Court Probate Court-Appointed Counsel Panel, 2008-present
▪ NITA Faculty Teacher: Building Trial Skills Program, 2017-present
▪ Torrance Memorial Hospital Professional Advisory Council, 2017-present
▪ South Bay Inn of Court, Member, 2016-present
▪ Los Angeles County Bar, LRS Advisory Committee, 2016-2018
▪ CEB MCLE Speaker, 2016-present
▪ Probate Court Guardianship Clinic volunteer, 2011-2013
▪ Los Angeles Superior Court, Southwest District, Volunteer Mediator, 2012-2013
▪ Asian Pacific Women Lawyers’ Alliance
Immediate Past-President & MCLE Chair, 2019
Officer and Board of Governors, 2000-present
▪ Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
President, 2007-2008 Board of Governors, 2000-2008
Chair, Trial Skills Workshop, 2001-2003
▪ UCLA Asian Pacific Alumni, Board of Directors, 2001-2003
▪ LACBA iTAP and TAP (Trial Advocacy Project), March 2002 & October 2003
Beti Tsai Bergman is Certified in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the California Board of Legal Specialization and designated as a NITA Advocate
FOR A CONSULTATION
3220 Sepulveda Blvd., Ste. 203
Torrance, CA 90505